Do you have what it takes to join one of Canada's Best Managed Companies?
Langley Chrysler is currently seeking an experienced Service Advisor to join their busy Service department. If you have a proven track record of success as a Service Advisor, always go above and beyond for your customers, and are looking for a fun, positive, team environment, we want to hear from you.
About the Role
The Automotive Service Advisor provides excellent customer service to all Service clients by initiating automotive services and repairs by ascertaining performance problems and services requested. The Service Advisor verifies warranty and service contract coverage, develops estimates of work required, and writes repair orders and maintains records.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Efficiently help all Service customers (internal and external) with the highest level of service
- Determine automotive problems and services by listening to customer's description of symptoms; clarifying description of problems; conducting inspections; taking test drives; checking vehicle maintenance records; examining service schedules
- Examine service history for each customer to determine recommended maintenance and repair history
- Compile quote for recommended repairs and/or maintenance by utilizing MPI Software
- Verify warranty and service contract coverage by examining records and papers; explaining provisions and exclusions
- Practice a consistent and thorough follow up process to ensure customers are kept up to date on vehicle condition and status with correct information
- Communicate with internal/external customers in a timely fashion regarding recommended repair/maintenance by Technicians
- Prepare repair orders (RO) by describing symptoms, problems, and causes discovered, as well as repairs and services required; obtaining approval signatures; entering RO into service database system
- Communicate effectively with Technicians to ensure all information is retrieved, documented and communicated with client on vehicle conditions
- Perform multi-point inspections on all client vehicles upon service write up process
- Additional duties as assigned by Management
- Minimum 5 years of recent experience as a Service Advisor in an Automotive Dealership
- Domestic OEM Brand Dealer experience is preferred but not required
- Superior customer service skills with the desire to exceed expectations
- Outstanding attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate fluently in English
- Valid Class 5 driver's license with a clean driver’s abstract
Recognized as one of the most innovative dealer groups in Canada, Trotman Auto Group also known as "TAG", is an industry-leading, diversified dealer group representing 12 major OEM brands through 11 dealerships located across British Columbia. We have recently been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies and have been awarded the Canadian Automotive Industry Laureate Award for Business Innovation.
Our business is a people business, and we constantly invest in our team's development. We operate our own TAG University and TAG Leadership Academy, with proprietary curriculum and advanced leadership coaching. We are purpose-driven, performance-oriented and principles-led.
Careers with Trotman Auto Group provide:
- In-house training from our exclusive TAG University and TAG Leadership Academy
- Among the best pay in the automotive industry
- Great benefits for full-time employees
- Advancement within TAG
- Close-knit team and exciting environment
Are You Our Missing Piece? Apply Now!
Dealership: Langley Chrysler