ATTENTION ALL DIESEL TECHNICIANS!
About The Role
The Diesel Technician contributes to the operational efficiency of the shop by maintaining, repairing and diagnosing vehicles in accordance to Trotman Auto Group and manufacturer guidelines, ensuring that our customer visits meet and exceed expectations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Comply with Trotman Auto Group and manufacturer policies, along with local, provincial and federal laws including those governing the rules of the road, and health and safety
- Diagnose, repair and perform maintenance requirements in accordance to manufacturer guidelines
- Perform duties as outlined on repair orders and discuss status with service advisors
- Perform road tests on all vehicles in which repairs, diagnostics and maintenance has been performed
- Recording all pertinent information clearly on completed repair order
- Ensure internal/external customer vehicles are protected by using proper covers, such as seat, floor and fender covers
- Maintain vehicle records by documenting service, repairs, vehicle status and future repair requirements into DMS system
- Make use of all resources available including team leaders, when required
- Keep shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies, performing preventative maintenance and notifying Service Management of equipment condition
- Remain abreast on product knowledge, manufacturer updates, bulletins and recalls, and technical knowledge
- Achieving and maintaining CSI and fixed right the first time scores above regional/target averages
- Diagnose and report existing conditions and additional repairs to the appropriate parties
- Communicate effectively with Service and Parts staff
- Road test vehicle(s) as required to identify concerns and ensure quality control
- Assist in housekeeping of the shop and service department
- Assist colleagues with maintenance repairs
- Provide written, prioritized quotes for necessary recommendations to service repair
- Additional duties as outlined by management
- Valid Red Seal or equivalent certification
- Desire to exceed customer expectations through a "Fix it right the first time" attitude
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask
- Ability to effectively respond to and meet the needs of a diverse client base
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure with simultaneous deadlines
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of technical repairs and procedures
- The ability to operate manual and automatic transmissions
- Valid Class 5 driver's license with a clean driver's abstract
- Must be able to communicate (written and verbal) in English fluently
Recognized as one of the most innovative dealer groups in Canada, Trotman Auto Group also known as "TAG", is an industry-leading, diversified dealer group representing 12 major OEM brands through 11 dealerships located across British Columbia. We have recently been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies and have been awarded the Canadian Automotive Industry Laureate Award for Business Innovation.
Our business is a people business, and we constantly invest in our team's development. We operate our own TAG University and TAG Leadership Academy, with proprietary curriculum and advanced leadership coaching. We are purpose-driven, performance-oriented and principles-led.
Are You Our Missing Piece? Apply Now!
Dealership: Mainland Ford