Express Service Advisor
Do you have what it takes to join one of Canada's Best Managed Companies?
About the Role
The Express Service Advisor initiates automotive services and repairs by ascertaining performance problems and services requested; scheduling service appointments, delivery customer vehicles, developing estimates; writing repair orders; maintaining customer rapport and records.
Schedule - Tuesday - Saturday 8:30 am - 5:30 pm
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Efficiently help customers (internal and external) with the highest level of service
- Ascertains automotive problems and services by listening to customer's description of symptoms; clarifying description of problems; conducting inspections; taking test drives; checking vehicle maintenance records; examining service schedules.
- Confirm customer contact information at the time of all customer touch points
- Examine service history for every customer to determine recommended maintenance and repair history
- Obtain customer authorization via written approval/signature on all repair orders and procedures
- Practice a consistent and thorough follow up process to ensure customers are kept up to date on vehicle condition and status with correct information
- Ensure all resources within the Service department are used effectively
- Communicate with internal/external customers in a timely fashion regarding recommended repair/maintenance by technicians
- Prepares repair orders (RO) by describing symptoms, problems, and causes discovered, as well as repairs and services required; obtaining approval signatures; entering RO into service database system
- To service all allocated sales inquiries in a prompt and effective fashion
- Prepare a detailed and accurate estimate on the cost of labour and parts
- Communicate effectively with technicians to ensure all information is retrieved, documented and communicated with client on vehicle conditions
- Maintains customer rapport by explaining estimates and expected return of vehicle; obtaining customer's approval of estimates; obtaining and providing contact telephone numbers; answering questions and concerns; arranging towing and temporary transportation
- Answering all incoming Service Calls in a timely manner
- Deliver and cashier all service vehicles following the active service delivery process
- Performing multipoint inspections on all client vehicles upon service write up process
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading manufacturers' publications, completing OEM and In house training programs
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Must have minimum 1 year of forward facing Customer Service/Sales experience
- Experience as an Express Service Advisor in an Automotive Dealership is preferred but not required
- Domestic OEM Brand Dealer experience is preferred but not required
- Superior customer service skills with the desire to exceed expectations
- Outstanding attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate fluently in English
- Valid Class 5 or 7 driver's license with a clean driver’s abstract
Recognized as one of the most innovative dealer groups in Canada, Trotman Auto Group also known as "TAG", is an industry-leading, diversified dealer group representing 12 major OEM brands through 11 dealerships located across British Columbia. We have recently been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies and have been awarded the Canadian Automotive Industry Laureate Award for Business Innovation.
Our business is a people business, and we constantly invest in our team's development. We operate our own TAG University and TAG Leadership Academy, with proprietary curriculum and advanced leadership coaching. We are purpose-driven, performance-oriented and principles-led.
Careers with Trotman Auto Group provide:
- In-house training from our exclusive TAG University and TAG Leadership Academy
- Among the best pay in the automotive industry
- Great benefits for full-time employees
- Advancement within TAG
- Close-knit team and exciting environment
Are You Our Missing Piece? Apply Now!
Dealership: Langley Chrysler