Do you have what it takes to join one of Canada's Best Managed Companies?
About the Role
The Finance Manager is responsible for educating and structuring new and used vehicle clients financing and insurance programs. F&I Managers also work with financial lenders to give fair interest rates to buyers and programs. As with all positions within dealerships, F&I managers are expected to uphold the highest ethical standards.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enthusiastically present and close vehicle financing and insurance to customers and providing them with a thorough explanation of aftermarket products, extended warranties, life and disability insurance for the agreement, additional accessories and a complete explanation of dealership service procedures and policies
- Thoroughly disclose all financial and product information pertaining to the client's agreement
- Complete a detailed and accurate computer-printed bill of sale
- Seeking new lending institutions and maintaining good working relationships to secure competitive interest rates and financing programs
- Processing financing and leasing deals accurately and securing approval through financial sources to secure approval and through the federal and provincial regulations that affect the new and used vehicle finance department
- Receive and receipt customer deposits/partial payments
- Accurately producing, printing and packaging the necessary documents for vehicle delivery (I.e. bill of sale, conditional sales agreement, vehicle extended service plan, insurance verification form, life/disability certificate, vehicle protection certificates, waivers etc.)
- Researching, organizing, and paying-out vehicle liens on vehicles being traded in by clients
- Tracking and recording the sales performance of the Finance office
- Preparing policy remittances/sales reports to the appropriate finance office suppliers and Dealer Principal
- May be required to assist Sales & Lease Consultants to close customer sales either on the showroom floor or finance office
- Conduct motivating and informative sales meetings with respect to products and service within the finance office
- Training and providing the sales team with information on finance and lease programs and the benefits of the dealership's finance and extended service programs
- Remain abreast on all product knowledge, finance options, promotions, value-add products/services, servicing plans, and industry trends
- Additional duties as assigned by Management
- Minimum 1 year of recent Financial Services experience in an automotive dealership with a proven track record of success
- Valid VSA Licence
- Excellent organizational skills with a high level of attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills with the desire to exceed expectations
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Ability to communicate in English fluently (written and verbal)
- Strong computer Skills - MS Office applications, Outlook, Dealer Socket
- Valid Class 5 BC driver's license with a clean driver's abstract
Recognized as one of the most innovative dealer groups in Canada, Trotman Auto Group also known as "TAG", is an industry-leading, diversified dealer group representing 12 major OEM brands through 11 dealerships located across British Columbia. We have recently been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies and have been awarded the Canadian Automotive Industry Laureate Award for Business Innovation.
Our business is a people business, and we constantly invest in our team's development. We operate our own TAG University and TAG Leadership Academy, with proprietary curriculum and advanced leadership coaching. We are purpose-driven, performance-oriented and principles-led.
Careers with Trotman Auto Group provide:
- In-house training from our exclusive TAG University and TAG Leadership Academy
- Among the best pay in the automotive industry
- Great benefits for full-time employees
- Advancement within TAG
- Close-knit team and exciting environment
Are You Our Missing Piece? Apply Now!
Dealership: Mainland Ford
*This position is based on a full commission pay plan