Do you have what it takes to join one of Canada's Best Managed Companies?
About the Role
The Parts Advisor is responsible for providing excellent customer service to all Parts clients, as well as the efficient and profitable ordering, stocking and sale of automotive parts.
Schedule: Monday - Friday 7:30am - 4:00pm
Wage: $17.00 - $20.00 per hour + bonus, based on experience
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Efficiently assist customers (internal and external) with the highest level of service in order to grow sales within the department
- Articulate parts accessories and specials available to customers
- Maintaining the highest Customer Service Index rating from customers by handling all Parts customer discrepancies immediately and according to dealership policy
- Assist in growing sales within the Service department by providing labour estimates when handling parts sales
- Interact with Service and Sales department to ensure smooth delivery of parts
- Receive payment from retail customers when necessary
- Stock parts inventory and maintain an organized warehouse environment
- Keeping up to date on manufacturer warranty and policy procedures while serving as a liaison with factory representatives
- Assist Parts department in routine inventory counts
- Assist in housekeeping of the Parts department
- Remain abreast on product knowledge and market trends
- Communicate effectively with (internal and external) customers, Parts staff and management to report any delays regarding parts deliveries
- Additional duties as assigned by Management
- Minimum 1 - 2 years of recent experience as an Automotive Parts Advisor
- Previous dealership experience is a strong asset
- Experience with truck accessories and modifications is an asset
- Ability to effectively respond to and meet the needs of a diverse client base
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs on a regular basis
- Ability to be on your feet for long periods of time
- Valid Class 5 driver's license with a clean driver's abstract
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure with simultaneous deadlines
- Must be able to communicate (written and verbal) in English fluently
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
Recognized as one of the most innovative dealer groups in Canada, Trotman Auto Group also known as "TAG", is an industry-leading, diversified dealer group representing 12 major OEM brands through 11 dealerships located across British Columbia. We have recently been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies and have been awarded the Canadian Automotive Industry Laureate Award for Business Innovation.
Our business is a people business, and we constantly invest in our team's development. We operate our own TAG University and TAG Leadership Academy, with proprietary curriculum and advanced leadership coaching. We are purpose-driven, performance-oriented and principles-led.
Careers with Trotman Auto Group provide:
- In-house training from our exclusive TAG University and TAG Leadership Academy
- Among the best pay in the automotive industry
- Great benefits for full-time employees
- Advancement within TAG
- Close-knit team and exciting environment
Are You Our Missing Piece? Apply Now!