Summit Camps is recruiting for workforce camp-based positions. We offer an inclusive work environment, competitive wages and a benefits package available following probationary period. Travel is also covered from your point of departure.
Primary Role: Housekeepers are responsible for cleaning guest rooms and all common areas of camp as well as doing laundry.
· WHMIS and First Aid Level 1 preferred
· Housekeeping experience working in a camp or hotel preferred
· Must be able to pass a drug and alcohol test prior to employment and work/live in a drug and alcohol-free camp environment for up to 4 weeks at a time.
Personal Attributes & Skills:
· Must have a strong sense of discretion and honesty
· Highly motivated to create a safe, clean and well-organized environment for clients and staff
· Positive, flexible and professional attitude at all times
· Capable of working as part of a closely knit team
· Good communication and interpersonal skills
· Good organization and time management skills
· Reliable, punctual, consistent
· Professional image with good personal hygiene
· Must be able to lift, move, push, pull, and carry up to 50 lbs
· Good physical stamina; capable of working long hours on your feet, including bending, crouching and kneeling. This is a physically demanding job.
· Must be able to live in a remote camp environment for up to 4 weeks with a 2-week break, working up to 12-hour days
· Practice safe work procedures and rectify and/or report any safety hazards immediately
· Perform daily housekeeping service in sleeping quarters and public areas
· Wash, fold, and store all housekeeping laundry (towels, sheets, blankets, etc.)
· Change garbage and recycling bins daily
· Keep all storage areas and cleaning supplies organized and stocked
· Report any maintenance or supply issues to supervisor promptly
Wage: $17/hour plus overtime, 12 hour days