Community Living Counsellor - Staffed Homes
The Community Living Society (CLS) is an innovative non-profit organization which since 1978 has been dedicated to supporting adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities so that they can live full, productive and meaningful lives. We are leaders in providing quality Person Centred support through our residential, individualized and community based supports so that people can reach their greatest potential. We have over 500 employees and work with over 400 individuals throughout the Lower Mainland.
About the Opportunity
Your role as a support worker will be providing support and actively engaging a supported individual to live a fulfilling and increasingly independent life. You are a motivated and outgoing person with a passion to for person-centered supports. This means you could be helping an individual to discover more of their community, learn new life-skills, find employment and more. Some of your duties can include:
- Providing individuals support with various life goals
- Home support duties (including, but not limited to personal care, bathing, bathroom support, meal preparation and light housekeeping)
- Community outings (including, but not limited to volunteering, paid employment and leisure activities)
- Maintaining records of daily activities and goal progression
Position #1 - Permanent Part Time
- A variety of weekend shifts available
You are interested in supporting others and show an understanding of the person-centered and active support approach. Additionally, you have the following requirements:
Our Commitment to You
We make significant investments in our people, which is why we take great care to hire those who we believe will thrive in CLS over the long term. Our progressive and unique culture sets us apart and provides:
- Various internal leadership and development opportunities
- Interesting and relevant training opportunities
- Meaningful rewards and recognition
Wage: Starting at $21.25 per hour
We at Community Living Society celebrate and embrace diversity as an integral part of our organization. As an equal opportunity employer, we strive to be an inclusive, equitable and accessible environment for both our employees and supported individuals alike, ensuring everyone feels valued and respected.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.