Located in the south-central region of B.C., the Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen (RDOS) covers an area over 10,400 km2 and is renowned for its orchards, vineyards and golf courses, as well as its widely varied landscape including deserts, mountains and valleys, pristine lakes and outdoor recreational opportunities.
The Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen is currently recruiting for a regular, part-time Recreation Programmer to join the Similkameen Recreation team. The work location for this position is Keremeos, BC.
The regular, part-time Recreation Programmer position is responsible for organizing, delivering and providing maintenance for a variety of recreation related programs (including special events) for all demographics.
- Experience working or volunteering with children, youth and/or adults in a recreational setting.
- Possess skills in recreational leadership and physical literacy.
- HIGH FIVE Principles Certification would be considered an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and marketing skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the Board, Committees, and a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive matters with discretion and integrity.
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, and Excel).
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Ability to pass and maintain a criminal record check including the vulnerable sector section.
- Valid First Aid Certificate or an ability and willingness to obtain one.
- Valid BC Driver’s Licence.
This regular, part-time position is included in the BCGEU bargaining unit. The hourly wage for the position is $28.41, Paygrade 2, plus 15% in lieu of all benefits and pension (total hourly wage is $32.47). The hours of work will range from 21 - 35 hours per week.
Application Deadline: 4:00 pm, Sunday, November 19, 2023
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.