Located in the south-central region of B.C., the Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen (RDOS) covers an area over 10,400 km2 and is renowned for its orchards, vineyards and golf courses, as well as its widely varied landscape including deserts, mountains and valleys, pristine lakes and outdoor recreational opportunities.
The Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen is currently recruiting for a regular, full-time Administrative Assistant to join the Community Services team.
The Administrative Assistant position is responsible for performing a variety of high level administrative functions in support of the department senior manager and the specific department’s operations, services, programs and activities; supports other departments as needed.
- Secondary school graduation, in addition to an administrative/secretarial training at a recognized institution, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 3 years’ related office experience.
- Experience working with the public and providing customer service.
- Keyboarding speed of 55 wpm.
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to work on a number of concurrent tasks with deadlines pressures.
- Ability to compose complex business correspondence and proofread for grammar, spelling, and punctuation with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive matters with discretion and integrity.
- Good organizational skills.
- Local government experience is an asset.
- Understanding of government records management and electronic data management systems is an asset.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required.
This regular, full-time position is included in the BCGEU bargaining unit. The hourly wage for the position is $31.99, Paygrade 4, plus an attractive fringe benefits package.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.