Health and Safety Manager
Catalyst Port Alberni, a Paper Excellence Company, has an immediate opportunity for a Health & Safety Manager at our Port Alberni location.
The Health & Safety Manager provides expertise and guidance to all levels of management to promote a culture that ensures the highest standards of safety and occupational health and training.
- Provide professional knowledge and expertise in the leadership and coordination of all occupational health, safety and loss prevention programs to ensure the safety and wellbeing of employees and the protection of the physical plants and company property.
- Represent the company in all matters involving the WorkSafe BC and with government enforcement and industry agencies and associates to ensure that company interests are protected. Represent the company as required on various committees and special task force groups in the occupational health and safety training arena.
- Responsible for the management and coordination of Emergency Response Services for the site, including Fire/Rescue, First Aid and responsible for Site Security, including acting MFSO (Marine Facility Safety Officer) for the mill site.
- CRSP (Canadian Registered Safety Professional) is required
- Minimum five (5) years directly related experience in Occupational Health & Safety in an Industrial setting
- Demonstrated ability to make quick decision under pressure
- Experience in Emergency Response, Hazmat training, or Incident Command
- Experience working in a Unionized environment is an asset
- Supervisory experience is required