Entry Level Labourers - Catalyst Port Alberni
Permanent openings exist for entry level labourers at the Port Alberni mill.
This is a bargaining unit position; hourly rate of pay will be per the 2017-2021 UNIFOR Local 686 Labour Agreement.
Successful candidates will be required to:
- provide physically demanding labouring work in all areas of the paper mill, providing vacation and training relief
- work a shift rotation (days and nights)
- duties and job requirements will include but are not restricted to:
- operating mobile equipment for extended periods
- being on your feet for extended periods
- working in hot and noisy conditions
- having good visual perception
- being computer literate
To qualify you must:
- provide a copy of your Grade 12 transcripts from High School
- possess a valid Canadian driver’s license
- have a demonstrated a capacity to learn
- possess a history of safe work performance
Please note, preference will be given to those with relevant industrial experience.
Paper Excellence encourages all qualified candidates to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.