Operations Maintenance Coordinator
Located on the western side of spectacular coastal British Columbia, Howe Sound Pulp and Paper is one of the oldest operating mills in the province. Commissioned in 1909, Howe Sound Pulp and Paper plays a key role in the history of the Sunshine Coast. Generations of families who were first attracted to the area by mill jobs, stayed and have made the Coast their home.
Howe Sound is one of 8 facilities owned by Paper Excellence, a diversified manufacturer of pulp and paper that produces over 3 million tonnes of printing, writing, packaging, and specialty papers annually with a workforce of more than 3,000 strong.
Reporting to the Fibre Line Manager, the OMC is responsible for the effective planning and execution of maintenance activities within the Fibre Line. The successful candidate will be able to manage work priorities, develop job plans, and engage the proper resources to develop a safe, effective and efficient work control plan that results in minimum downtime, maximum productivity and reliability.
- Determine and Coordinate maintenance priorities for the Fibre Line Area.
- Screen and validate all new notifications from area on a daily basis
- With input from Maintenance Supervisor and Planner, defines the Daily and Weekly Maintenance Schedule
- With Maintenance Supervisor, defines list of "Opportunity" work.
- Responsible for coordination of production equipment availability. (Ensures equipment is locked out, cleaned up and ready for maintenance)
- Communicates Weekly and Daily Schedules to Tour Foremen and other Operations personnel.
- Meets with the Planner, Maintenance and Operations Supervisors and Superintendents to identify work to helps identify the appropriate goals and objectives for shut down
- Prepare and review the preliminary shut schedule(s) with the Planners as needed. Helps establish priorities, critical jobs and appropriate timeframes.
- Produces and distributes an Operations "time line" in conjunction with that received from Maintenance
- Develop lockouts when required
- Assemble confined space entry packages to include required Hazard Assessment, Ventilation Plan, Safe Work Procedure, Entry Permit and Rescue Plan.
- 5+ years of industry experience, that would include some combination of strategic planning, resource allocation, manpower modeling, leadership techniques, and production methods.
- Supervisory experience working in a unionized environment preferred
- Solid interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively coach, teach, and manage people.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (both written and verbal).
- Excellent troubleshooting skills (technical and other).
- Ability to plan, organize, execute and works to specific goals and objectives
Ability to change and adapt to new situations