Manager, Purchasing and Mill Stores - Catalyst Crofton
Catalyst Crofton has an immediate opportunity for a Manager, Purchasing & Mill Stores.
This leadership role is responsible for managing materials and services (the purchase, storage and distribution of maintenance and operating supplies) for the mill on a cost competitive basis. To keep our mills running at top speed we also need our Stores and Procurement department to run like a well-oiled machine. As a Purchasing and Mill Stores Manager, you will lead your team in working with qualified vendors who meet our requirements with respect to quality, value for money, delivery and safety of products.
- Providing leadership and direction to the Purchasing and Mill Stores department
- Ensuring the department is aligned with operational goals
- Identifying strategic opportunities in product and supplier management to increase value to the Company
- Working with Corporate Procurement as well as with Mill Maintenance and Operations groups on inventory management initiatives
- Working with the Corporate Procurement to ensure best practice opportunities are employed
- Managing vendor relationships and contracts for the supply of all operational and maintenance supplies and equipment in a professional manner
- Managing the complete procurement and inventory process according to Company policies
- Managing the supply management aspects of the ISO programs at the mill
The successful candidate will be a self-starter and possess:
- 8 to 10 years’ experience in a related procurement management position
- Experience working with SAP
- An appropriate technical degree or diploma, trade qualification, SCMP or equivalent post-secondary education
- Supervisor experience in a unionized environment an asset