Finance Business Analyst - Catalyst Port Alberni
Reporting to the Mill Controller, the Business Analyst is responsible for adding value to the business and the business decision making process. The role supports the manufacturing operations in achieving their cost and efficiency objectives by ensuring their cost, operating and financial analysis needs are met.
Key Accountabilities for the Business Analyst are:
- The development of strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure projects and initiatives are identified and implemented.
- Timely completion of relevant manufacturing cost, statistical, and financial analysis.
- Preparation of variance analysis on key manufacturing cost elements.
- Interpretation and evaluation of cost performance compared to benchmarks, competitors and best in class.
- Monitoring, tracking and reporting of manufacturing cost reduction initiatives.
- Preparation of major economic surveys and assist manufacturing management in the interpretation and evaluation of results.
- Review and evaluate major legal agreements and contracts involving manufacturing operations to assess financial impacts and risk.
- Assist in the development and implementation of effective planning tools and systems and assist in the development and preparation of the annual strategic and operating plans for the manufacturing operations.
- Assist and advise in the preparation of major capital proposals for the manufacturing operations and in post-completion project evaluations.
- Assist the manufacturing departments in identifying, implementing and monitoring the effectiveness of new value-adding initiatives.
This role requires an accounting designation from a recognized institution, and a university degree accompanied by a minimum of five to seven years of direct/indirect related work experience. The successful candidate will have advanced Excel skills, which will be used in various spread sheet analyses.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, pro-active individual with excellent investigative and communication skills. The job requires someone who can balance multiple priorities while continually striving to ensure superior customer service.
Paper Excellence encourages all qualified candidates to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.