Shift Engineer (Relief), Utilities
Catalyst Paper, A Paper Excellence Company, has an immediate opening for a Utilities Supervisor (Relief). Reporting to the Manager, Utilities this role provides leadership, operational expertise and maintenance coordination for the Utilities department. The overall objective is to provide the support necessary to achieve the mill’s manufacturing objectives. The Shift Engineer (Relief) is also responsible for providing vacation and leave relief for the Shift Engineers.
- Provide vacation, leave and/or training relief for Shift Engineers assigned to a specific crew
- Ensure work is compliant with the requirements of relevant regulators and controls of internal policies and procedures
- Ensure all department procedures are current and adhered to
- Ensure operators have the knowledge, experience and current procedures required to operate the plant in a safe and efficient manner;
- Provide timely communication of equipment maintenance requirements
- Maintain department technical training materials
- Ensure daily operating plans are communicated and executed
- Provide coaching and direction to department staff and crew
- Provide troubleshooting expertise
- Optimize manufacturing processes and recommend equipment and process improvements to achieve manufacturing objectives
- Participate in the daily, weekly and long-term planning processes to ensure the department is maintained in a reliable manner and in compliance with all regulations
- 1st or 2nd Class Power Engineer certification with a minimum of five years in a supervisory role
- Operations experience in a manufacturing environment would be a definite asset
- Proven leadership, conflict resolution and interpersonal skills, ability to work with a diverse unionized workforce
- Working knowledge of Safety Acts, Codes, Standards and Regulations
- A self-starter with strong troubleshooting and technical abilities
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
Our setting in the beautiful Cowichan Valley provides employees with an outstanding quality of life. Catalyst Paper offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, and the unique opportunity to advance your career in an innovative and dynamic business that values great ideas and rewards performance.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.