Production Coordinator (Relief), Kraft Mill
Catalyst Paper, A Paper Excellence Company, has an immediate opening for a Production Coordinator (Relief). Reporting to the Kraft Mill Manager. This role is responsible for the safe and efficient production of Kraft pulp products to achieve manufacturing objective. The Production Coordinator (Relief) is also responsible for providing vacation and leave relief for the Production Coordinators.
This full-time leadership role will ensure that all regulatory, cost, production and developmental targets of the departments are met, and activities are aligned with company values and site business goals.
You will work with other members of the Kraft Operations team to ensure a focus on safety, training and achieving key cost performance targets ensuring an efficient operation.
- Provide vacation, leave and/or training relief for Production Coordinators assigned to a specific crew
- Demonstrate safety leadership, safe work habits, and put safety above all else
- Direct energy towards addressing challenging work/organization issues in a positive manner
- Have a customer and quality focus
- Gather/analyze information before drawing conclusions and understanding consequences before making objective decisions
- Show consideration and support for issues and concerns of importance to employees, supervisors and managers
- Be openly available and approachable by employees
- Work in a way that encourages calm, focused energy in the workplace
- Supervisory experience leading a unionized crew in a Kraft mill
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Demonstrated Safety Leadership
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Team focused
- A technical degree or diploma, or trade qualifications, and 10 years related experience is required for this position
Catalyst Paper is western North America's largest producer of mechanical printing paper and manufactures a broad range of high-quality products ideally suited to our times. With mills in Western Canada, Catalyst serves a global customer base that includes retailers, publishers and commercial printers. We are recognized for our industry-leading customer service and a focus on environmental sustainability demonstrated by partnerships and certifications that underscore our commitment.
Our setting in the beautiful Cowichan Valley provides employees with an outstanding quality of life. Catalyst Paper offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, and the unique opportunity to advance your career in an innovative and dynamic business that values great ideas and rewards performance.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.