Catalyst Paper, A Paper Excellence Company, has an immediate opportunity for an Energy Manager at our Crofton location.
The Energy Manager is accountable for managing the site’s energy conservation programs and overseeing its energy projects. This role is partly funded by BC Hydro in partnership with Paper Excellence and as such has a two-year renewable term.
Accountabilities for this role include delivery of:
- Annual Energy Management Assessment.
- Plant-wide audits and technical studies.
- Investment funding requests and management of energy projects.
- Progress reports on energy initiatives both internally & externally.
- Quarterly BC Hydro summary reports.
- Monthly energy scorecards.
Key competencies for this position include:
- Ability to capture, prioritize and initiate energy saving ideas.
- Coordination and management of energy projects.
- Ability to work with all levels in the organization to promote energy conservation through changes to process, practice & behavior.
- An operating or maintenance background with one of the following credentials:
- Electrical or instrument trade certificate.
- Technical diploma and/or degree in engineering.
Catalyst Paper is western North America's largest producer of mechanical printing paper and manufactures a broad range of high-quality products ideally suited to our times. With mills in Western Canada, Catalyst serves a global customer base that includes retailers, publishers and commercial printers. We are recognized for our industry-leading customer service and a focus on environmental sustainability demonstrated by partnerships and certifications that underscore our commitment.
Our setting in the beautiful Cowichan Valley provides employees with an outstanding quality of life. Catalyst Paper offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, and the unique opportunity to advance your career in an innovative and dynamic business that values great ideas and rewards performance.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.