Port Alberni has an immediate opening for a Crew Scheduler. As an integral administrative member of the Human Resources Team, the Crew Scheduler is accountable for effectively scheduling employees to meet the mill’s operational needs. The key accountabilities of this role are:
- Schedule operational personnel based on qualification and competency.
- Provide consistency in the application of the collective agreement to the scheduling process.
- Assist with the processing of time, attendance and payroll.
- Provide information & support to human resources and operations in the form of report creation and other administration functions.
- Liaise with all levels of management and staff to effectively coordinate the flow of information.
- Record keeping with respect to training and job qualifications.
The successful candidate will be a highly committed self-starter with proven interpersonal, organizational and communication skills who thrives in an ever-changing fast-paced environment and requires minimal supervision. This person has a demonstrated ability to manage within established guidelines and respectfully challenge situations outside such guidelines. This person also has the ability to deal with frequent interruptions, changes & multiple tasks. Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel, is a requirement.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.