Power Engineer 3rd Class
This is an exciting opportunity within a rewarding team environment for an individual who is energetic and enjoys continuous improvement. Are you eager to enhance your skills and develop your career with Paper Excellence?
Reporting directly to the Shift Engineer you will work with the assistance of the shift team. The Third Class Power Engineer will operate equipment with appropriate engineering practices in accordance with the Technical Safety B.C. Boiler, Pressure Vessel Act and Regulations.
- Maintain a safe and efficiently operating plant
- Responsible for routine duties, testing, rounds, operation of utilities in the plant.
- Will work through the line of progression in the Utilities operating department
- Carry out routine and preventative maintenance such as oil checks, greasing of valves, and other maintenance as required
- Monitor and inspect plant equipment, valves, gauges, alarms and measure temperature, pressure and fuel flow, to detect leaks or other equipment malfunction
- Interprovincial Third Class Power Engineer Certificate is preferred
- Previous manufacturing experience—pulp experience is mill preferred
- Flexible, well organized and ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A high sense of urgency with regards to safety and operational requirements