Under the direction of the Head of Treasury, the Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for processing outstanding bills and providing other clerical support to the accounting team.
Areas of Responsibility
- Initiates vendor and employee set up
- Matches and verifies vendor invoices with Purchase orders and receiving documents to ensure all information are accurate.
- Ensures all invoices are authorized based on company chart of authorization.
- Processes and enters employee expense report information.
- Codes and enters all invoices on the timely manner.
- Works with procurement to resolve any purchase order or receiving variances.
- Reviews AP aging report. (but not usual, just for some cases)
- Reviews vendor statements and answers vendor inquires.
- Coordinates with monthly accrual.
- Files all AP invoices.
- Note: Apply cash payment for HS (which is an AR function)
- Ensures that the company’s SOPs are adhered to.
- Establishes and maintains effective community oriented relationships to ensure appropriate public interest as well as customer objectives are achieved.
Education / Technical / Experience
- High School completion or graduate from a community college or equivalent.
- 1-2 years’ experience.
- Ideally one to three years of experience in an accounting or bookkeeping capacity such as accounts payable, accounts receivable and reconciliations.
- Proficient with MS Excel and Word.
- A customer focused approach to dealing with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills.
- Possesses situational awareness of surroundings with the ability to adapt to new and changing environments
- A high sense of urgency.
- Experience with SAP is considered an asset.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position. All applications will be carefully reviewed, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.