Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) - Journeyperson or Apprentice
Meadow Lake Mechanical Pulp Inc. (MLMP) is the world's first successful zero-effluent-discharge market pulp mill that is a state-of-the-art, chlorine-free bleached chemi-thermo mechanical pulp (BCTMP) facility employing approximately 190 employees with annual production capacity of 420,000 ADMT. The mill operates 24 hours a day and 365 days of the year.
MLMP is one of six operating Paper Excellence Canada mills. Start your career today with our growing company. We offer a safe, team focused, engaging non-union work environment, opportunities for training and development along with competitive wage and comprehensive benefits package. Meadow Lake is located in west central Saskatchewan in the beautiful boreal forest area, where outdoor enthusiasts thrive on the abundant nature of rural Saskatchewan.
INDUSTRIAL MECHANIC (MILLWRIGHT) - Journeyperson or Apprentice
Meadow Lake Mechanical Pulp is seeking to fill a vacancy in the Mechanical Maintenance Department. The Industrial Mechanic works as part of a team which maintains, troubleshoots, and optimizes the mechanical equipment in the mill.
1) Journeyperson status as Industrial Mechanic or similar or related mechanical trade. The ideal candidate will have experience with hydraulics and light and heavy rotating equipment; or
2) Mechanical Technologist who is willing to indenture into an Industrial Mechanic apprenticeship; or
3) Grade 12 or equivalent with demonstrated interest and work history for success in an Industrial Mechanic apprenticeship.
- Follows all safe work practices and procedures.
- Performs hands-on routine planned, predictive and corrective mechanical maintenance.
- Works with vendors to research mechanical technologies for optimizing mill equipment.
- Reviews and interprets mechanical drawings.
- Troubleshoots with other mill teams equipment performance problems.
- Develops and implements reliability integrity strategies for mechanical equipment.
- Cleans, lubricates and performs other maintenance.
- Demonstrated ability to collaboratively work in a team environment is required.
There is an expectation to provide overtime as required to meet emergency mill needs and for scheduled mill outages. Mechanical Technicians also provide routine scheduled shift coverage (shared equitability with team). Preference will be given to qualified local and regional Saskatchewan applicants.