As an innovative and proactive mechanical engineer, you will be part of our Technical Department aimed to support and improve plant productivity. Reporting to the Manager, Technical Services, this role exists to add value through the application of Engineering to mill safety, environment, maintenance and reliability activities, improvement projects, and risk mitigation.
- Excellence in safety and environmental performance on all assignments and projects
- Maintenance and reliability engineering support for regulatory compliance programs, major equipment rebuilds, troubleshooting, design improvements, and projects.
- Preparation of maintenance and capital investment plans and spending forecasts.
- Maintenance and Improvement project development and preparation of formal funding requests. Management of approved projects and delivery on project scope, quality, schedule, and cost
- Technical support of identified improvement initiatives
- Risk assessments and development of risk mitigation plans
- Minimum of 5 years of Maintenance, Reliability, or Project experience with a degree in Mechanical Engineering and are eligible for registration with EGBC.
- Motivated self starter
- Solid interpersonal and analytical skills
Our setting in the beautiful Cowichan Valley provides employees with an outstanding quality of life. Catalyst Paper offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, and the unique opportunity to advance your career in an innovative and dynamic business that values great ideas and rewards performance.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.