Manager of Customer Service and Assurance
This position is the manager of multiple groups within our Catalyst order fulfillment team. Based in our Richmond office and reporting to the Director, Customer Service & Planning, the Manager of Service Assurance is a coach and mentor to 4 direct and 14 indirect reports. Among other duties, this role is also responsible for providing sales with timely inventory reporting, working with the sales team to sell aging or small lot tonnes and participate as a liaison/key stakeholder for IT projects that directly involve the order fulfillment process.
- Provide process performance information and calculations for reporting by others, as required.
- Keep own manager informed of relevant issues and achievements.
- Manage and set expectations, context, and provide feedback for direct reports with respect to objectives, performance and personal behavior.
- Use processes in place to recognize and develop individual and team potential.
- Ensure department work is compliant with the requirements of relevant regulators and internal policy and control procedures.
- Initiate and follow through on systems and process changes related to the customer solutions team.
- Monitor and determine disposition of aged inventory.
- Analyze and optimize sales of available stock at the Surrey distribution centre and 3rd party warehouses.
- Facilitate the creation, communications and training for CAD inventory cube and SRSS reporting to all users.
- Resolution manager for customer complaints and recommend corrective actions for B.C. mill order fulfillment related claims.
- Manage the sales forecast update process as it pertains to the B.C. customer service team.
- Partner with planning and scheduling, logistics, sales and marketing, and finance departments to manage all day-to-day customer-facing activities and issue resolution for both purchasers and receivers.
- Collaborate with sales partners on overall Catalyst strategy to attain sales goals
- Utilize profitability tools to make effective business decisions.
- Responsible for training on new and changed business and systems processes, for new hires and existing customer account representatives.
- Develop and maintain a training programs for individual roles within order fulfillment in preparation for Supervisor to train new hires.
- Strong communications and customer service skills with the proven ability to build rapport with customers and staff.
- Effective handling of large volumes of data and being able to multitask to manage time constraints.
- Ability to work independently and resolve issues with minimal guidance or supervision
- Ability to work in a fast pace team environment with changing business needs
- Knowledge of SAP and Excel is a plus.
- Completion of post-secondary education, preferably in a related discipline, or equivalent work related experience.
- Knowledge of Canadian exporting process an asset.