Reporting to the Manager, Truck and Rail, the Logistics Analyst is responsible for providing analytical support to the development and management of a list of strategic distribution initiatives and other network maintenance improvement deliverables.
The incumbent acting as a subject matter expert will attain a high level of knowledge and an understanding of the Paper Excellence logistics network, volumes, modes, yields, cost etc. They will provide specific analysis, recommendations, and other documentation to support strategic initiatives, decision processes, and other scenario comparison analysis.
- Support finance in the development of Latest View and the Annual Logistics budget for pulp and paper
- Assist in the development, monitoring and reporting of the logistics department key performance indicators
- Prepare monthly reporting for logistics including detailed freight variance analysis to identify areas of improvement
- Analyze network distribution costs and identify opportunities to improve costs and service
- Manage average SAP freight costs (e.g. ZTCES and ZTC1s) to ensure accuracy and notify Masterdata of changes when necessary
- Compile data relating to service providers via regular carrier reviews and interaction with technical services group for handling and damage performance related data
- Develop base case models including historic and current logistics network volumes modes equipment types, expense types, costs, etc
- Work on assigned logistics project deliverables as required
- Provide support to Transportation Operations with financial analysis and customer profitability.
- Completion of post-secondary education in a related field.
- The successful candidate will have excellent Excel skills which will be used in various spread sheet analyses and be proficient in SAP. Knowledge of Power Pivot, Power Query and Power BI consider a strong asset.
- US or Canadian logistics accreditations/certifications is an asset.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in financial analysis, market research or business administration
- The successful candidate will be self-motivated, pro-active individual with excellent investigative and communication skills. The job requires someone who can balance multiple priorities while continually striving to ensure superior customer service.