Paper Excellence is a diversified manufacturer of pulp and paper, including printing and writing, packaging, and specialty papers. We believe in the enduring value of wood-based products in global markets and have built a large network of mills and chipping plants to produce them competitively. Through our distinct approach to operational excellence, we deliver high-quality and cost-effective products to international customers. We operate 7 facilities in Canada producing over 2.8 million tonnes annually with a workforce of more than 2,800 strong.
Currently, we have vacancies at our Surrey Distribution Centre. This is a warehouse setting with a focus on logistics, customer service, and high paced execution.
- Operate equipment safely in congested areas within defined parameters
- Able to conduct the equipment pre-use inspection prior to operating an equipment
- Ensure compliance with company’s safety policies and/or procedures
- Utilize proper handling techniques to ensure products are protected from damage
- Ability to work safely with limited supervision in a fast paced environment
- Load, unload and move products and materials by using material handling equipment
- Perform other material handling activities such as counting, weighing, sorting, packing and unpacking, opening containers/trailers, and filling warehouse orders
- Operate industrial trucks, loaders and other equipment to transport materials to and from transportation vehicles and loading docks and to store and retrieve materials in warehouses
- Physically able to meet the demands of the job, which includes constant movement entering and exiting forklifts as well as long periods driving in variable environmental conditions
- Basic math, reasoning, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in a team environment.
- A desire to be cross trained and learn about our business.
- Ability to lift freight up to 50 lbs
- Other duties as assigned
- Class 1 drivers license an asset but not requirement
- Previous forklift experience an asset
Wage: $22.75/ hour + other premiums