This job has closed. Click here for more jobs.
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Under the general direction of the Engineering Manager, the Senior Mechanical Engineer provides engineering services to the Maintenance and Production Departments.
- Inspect Mill equipment, maintain inspection files, investigate equipment failures and make recommendations to prevent interruptions in production. Assist the Maintenance Supervisors and Planners in providing and maintaining a spare parts inventory and make recommendations to stores personnel regarding the addition and deletion of items from spare parts inventory.
- Administer capital and non-capital projects from inception through completion including Consultant, Contractor and equipment selection, economic feasibility, budget preparation and implementation, drawing and design review, Consultant and Contractor supervision, start-up and training assistance.
- Assume responsibility for planning and designing new mechanical installations and modifications to existing systems as required. Make recommendations based on calculations. Ensure compatibility with existing systems, spare parts, Mill standards, and environmental policies.
- Maintain close liaison with maintenance staff providing engineering assistance and supervision on day to day maintenance problems.
- Analyze equipment failures, suggest and implement engineering solutions for failure prevention, inspect vessels and equipment, submit reports and initiate necessary action.
- Plan and prepare major maintenance expenditure proposals for submission to annual contract maintenance budget.
- Degree in Engineering with P. Eng. designation plus continuing courses in order to keep current
- 5-10 years as an Engineer with at least one year in a Pulp or Paper Mill environment
- Continued exposure to new technology, equipment, and computerized drafting
- Stop program safety training
- Training as Maintenance Supervisor in all areas of the Mill