The Maintenance Planner/Supervisor plans, schedules and coordinates area (short) & major (long term) shutdown work. Plans Daily work in cooperation with the Maintenance Supervisor and the Production Maintenance Coordinator. Completes these two tasks to ensure the proper allocation of the maintenance workforce, materials, time, equipment and methods while meeting safety, environmental and cost objectives in compliance with corporate principles and guidelines and applicable legislation.
- Promote and provide a safe workplace and support the implementation of a health and safety program
- Assist with the implementation, execution and maintenance of our best practice’s initiative.
- Estimate and plan daily pipefitting mechanical work.
- Estimate, plan and schedule area & major shutdown mechanical work (up to 18 months).
- Ensure necessary spare parts are reserved and/or requisition additional parts as required by the shutdown schedule.
- Requisition materials from stores as required for planned jobs.
- Ensures that preventive and predictive work is included in maintenance scheduling
- Administer and maintain the work order system, work with the Supervisor and the Production maintenance coordinator to control the backlog.
- Prepare shutdown lists and detailed planning of major shutdowns, including all materials, tools, outside services, other departments within the mill, contractors and materials are ordered and/or expedited.
- Plan for special projects in conjunction with Engineering, Electrical, Instrument, Mechanical Departments, Stores and Purchasing.
- Ensure all piping and welding codes are adhered to.
- Administer and maintain maintenance equipment bill of materials, assist with rebuild planning and coordination as required.
- Expedite with or through Purchasing Department, special spare parts, outside service and maintenance materials for planned work on major shutdowns.
- Work closely with Stores and Purchasing on improving inventory conditions and spare parts costs.
- Effectively use the maintenance management systems including Planning and Scheduling Guidelines
- Relieves Supervisor, supervise on shutdowns and supervises contractors as required
- Ensure compliance with the Collective Agreement.
- Ensures compliance with all safety and environmental regulations.