2nd Class Power Engineer
Meadow Lake Mechanical Pulp Inc. (MLMP) is the world's first successful zero-effluent-discharge market pulp mill that is a state-of-the-art, chlorine-free bleached chemi-thermo mechanical pulp (BCTMP) facility employing approximately 190 employees with annual production capacity of 420,000 ADMT. The mill operates 24 hours a day and 365 days of the year.
MLMP is one of six operating Paper Excellence Canada mills. Start your career today with our growing company. We offer a safe, team focused, engaging non-union work environment, opportunities for training and development along with competitive wage and comprehensive benefits package. Meadow Lake is located in west central Saskatchewan in the beautiful boreal forest area, where outdoor enthusiasts thrive on the abundant nature of rural Saskatchewan.
SECOND CLASS POWER ENGINEER
Reporting to the Steam & Recovery Manager and conducting crew supervision, the Second Class Power Engineer is responsible for ensuring safe and efficient operation of the Steam & Recovery plant while helping to optimize mill production, quality and operating costs.
- Ensure all equipment is maintained and operated in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with the Saskatchewan Boiler & Pressure Vessel Act and Regulations
- Ensure processes are operated in compliance with environmental procedures
- Incident investigations, audits, and safety checklists are properly reported and action items are completed on time
- Conduct crew safety meetings
- Perform administrative functions, including scheduling, completing logbooks, and managing attendance
- Participate in departmental projects, as required
- Coordinate the day to day and shutdown maintenance for Steam and Recovery department
- Mentor, direct and train operators so they can safely and efficiently perform their duties
- Interprovincial Second Class Power Engineer Certificate is required
- Previous manufacturing experience—pulp experience is considered an asset
- Demonstrated leadership in troubleshooting operational issues and managing personnel matters
- Flexible, well organized and ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A high sense of urgency with regards to operational requirements
- Must be willing to work 12 hour rotating shifts