Located on the western side of spectacular coastal British Columbia, Howe Sound Pulp and Paper is one of the oldest operating mills in the province. Commissioned in 1909, Howe Sound Pulp and Paper plays a key role in the history of the Sunshine Coast. Generations of families who were first attracted to the area by mill jobs, stayed and have made the Coast their home.
Howe Sound is one of 8 facilities owned by Paper Excellence, a diversified manufacturer of pulp and paper that produces over 3 million tonnes of printing, writing, packaging, and specialty papers annually with a workforce of more than 3,000 strong.
The Maintenance Supervisor directs, instructs and controls all work within their maintenance group.
This includes but is not limited to managing and controlling small projects, supporting Operations and Engineering, providing regular updates on projects and crew work assignments. This position will also need a high regard for safety, and the ability to establish and maintain departmental safety goals and objectives.
- Pro-actively promote compliance of corporate occupational health and safety policies and procedures
- Ensures HSPP policies and procedures along with BC Worksafe standards are met and adhered to with personal actions and equipment performance.
- Supports the “Don’t Walk By Program” by ensuring Safety Observations are completed and recorded
- Carry out all activities ensuring compliance with statutory requirements and company environment policy and 14001 ISO Standards.
- Contribute to, and maintain, a professional work environment to encourage provision of an effective, quality service by the team while adhering to Company Labor Relations Policies.
- Establish challenging and achievable personal performance measures through KPIs that contribute to change initiatives and their effective implementation in the work environment.
- Develop relationships and work effectively with Operations, Maintenance and Engineering
- Able to achieve on time on budget.
- Ensuring Measured Cost Reductions are realized to plan.
- Mechanical Engineer, Certified Red Seal Trade in Mechanical with 2 or more years experience
- Maintenance or Engineering experience in pulp & paper mill or mining processing plant with involvement in maintenance functions, research, investigation and reporting is desirable
- 1-2 years supervisory experience. Preferably in an industrial, unionized environment
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task and prioritize jobs
- Must possess effective communication skills, both written and verbal