Howe Sound Pulp and Paper Corporation is one of the most progressive Pulp manufacturers in the world, leading the industry in product quality, efficiency, and environmental protection. Based in Port Mellon on BC’s beautiful Sunshine Coast, Howe Sound Pulp and Paper is an industry leader in product quality, efficiency and environmental protection.
Howe Sound is one several mills owned by Paper Excellence (www.paperexcellence.com), Canada’s largest producer of pulp by tonnage. Since 2010, Paper Excellence has grown from a single mill to a multinational company producing 2.5 million tonnes of paper and pulp with over 2,500 employees.
Under the direction of the Manager, Maintenance & Engineering, you will be accountable for maximizing long term availability of electrical and instrumentation equipment within the cost constraints imposed.
- Demonstrates Safety Leadership with a goal of zero injuries, environmental leadership with a goal of zero incidents, and maintains all ISO quality and environmental standards.
- Accountable to report on KPIs and action plans monthly and to drive those KPIs and improvement plans through HSPP business process (MBOS).
- Managing the department to ensure operations are carried out in a safe and efficient manner at minimum cost.
- BSc Electrical or Red Seal Ticket in either Electrical or Instrumentation
- Maintenance or Engineering experience in pulp & paper mill or mining processing plant with involvement in maintenance functions, research, investigation and reporting is desirable
- 5 years supervisory experience. Preferably in an industrial, unionized environment
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task and prioritize jobs
- Must possess effective communication skills, both written and verbal