The Maintenance Turnaround Coordinator has overall responsibility for coordinating the mechanical, I&E, capital and maintenance expense activities within the scope of the turnaround. The Turnaround Coordinator reports to the Turnaround Manager and will coordinate and direct all Turnaround maintenance personnel including mechanical planners, schedulers, I&E planners, mechanical technicians, I&E technicians, CMG technicians, AMG technicians and all contractors performing maintenance and project activities during the Turnaround.
The Maintenance Turnaround Coordinator will be responsible for but not limited to
- Ensuring all Turnaround maintenance and project activities are conducted in a safe manner that follows all regulatory requirements.
- Drive and promote the Turnaround Process. Establish and maintain the process for continuous improvement and cost reduction in Turnaround Maintenance and Project Execution.
- Establish effective techniques to monitor Turnaround Maintenance Process systems to ensure effective schedule and resource leveling for the Turnaround, direct and orchestrate the activities of the Turnaround Planning, Scheduling and Cost staff. Coach, counsel, and develop (train) as necessary to achieve desired performance pre, during, and post-turnaround.
- Analyze problem areas related to Turnaround Work Flow to determine cause (procedures, systems, technical problems, personnel performance or process), define appropriate action and communicate recommended corrective actions.
- Schedule, communicate, lead, and document the Turnaround Meetings pre, during, and post-turnaround.
- Manage turnaround invoicing systems to ensure invoicing errors are corrected before payment is made. Ensure Special Permits are approved early in the scheduling phases.
- Coordinate all turnaround activities between Production, Project Engineering, Maintenance, and all Turnaround Contractors through enforcement of the common Turnaround Schedule.
- Ensure appropriate resources, tools and equipment is available to meet budget and schedule.
- Analyze problem areas relating to Turnaround workflow and define appropriate actions and communicate recommended corrective actions. Track and progress non-maintenance activity.
- Coordinate Turnaround maintenance activities with other Maintenance Coordinators and Manufacturing personnel Assemble RFQ bid packages for contractor selection.
- Control and regularly report on the Turnaround budget and schedule - Coordinate all action items in the Turnaround Control Document to ensure turnaround readiness.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of three years Turnaround planning and scheduling experience. Knowledge of WCM or maintenance redesigns “Best Practice Model”. Working experience of mechanical and I&E maintenance application for process equipment.
- Good working knowledge of SAP.
- Knowledge of cost accounting principles and purchasing.
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Good leadership and facilitation skills.
- Good understanding of regulatory/compliance issues as it relates to maintenance activities.
- Good working knowledge of MSOffice (Primavera is a plus but not required)
- Project Management experience is an asset