Senior Payroll Administrator
Reporting to the Payroll & Benefits Supervisor, the Senior Payroll Administrator is responsible for contributing to the efficient and effective operations of the Human Resources Department, through timely and accurate processing of wage payments and benefits.
- Responsible for the accurate full cycle processing of payroll, including timesheet entry and review for approx. 500 employees in multiple entities.
- Communicates with supervisors and employees on issues as they arise.
- Ensures payroll is processed in compliance with applicable Collective Agreements, company policy, and legislation.
- Completes year-end reconciliations.
- Acts as a resource for employees, advising the Payroll & Benefits Supervisor of pertinent changes or issues when appropriate.
- Maintains and updates employee information including wage increases, new employee registration, and terminations
- Prepares Records of Employment when required.
- Maintains all payroll files and ensures required documentation is received and valid.
- Provides ongoing recommendations for improvements to Corporate and Mill policies and processes to ensure both payroll and benefits programs are efficient and provide the best possible service to employees.
- Minimum 2-year experience in computerized payroll systems
- Solid knowledge of employment and labor standards.
- Payroll Certification (PCP) or working towards
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills including MS Word, MS Excel (including ability to develop and use formulas).
- Ability to prioritize and work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines and effectively manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to exercise a high level of professionalism and discretion with confidential information.
- Ability to maintain high levels of accuracy and strong attention to detail.
- Proven ability to work in a team and collaborate with others.
- Ability to establish and maintain supportive working relationships.
- Proven ability to be flexible, confident and self-motivated.
- Ability to deal with a diversity of people in a calm, courteous, and effective manner.