Operations Crew Scheduler - Catalyst Powell River
Operations Crew Scheduler – Powell River Division
The Powell River Division has an immediate opening for an Operations Crew Scheduler. As an integral member of the Operations Team and providing support to other scheduling activities throughout the site, the Scheduler is accountable for effectively scheduling qualified and competent employees to meet the mill’s needs. The key accountabilities of this role are:
- Schedule operators based on qualification and competency.
- Monitor operator line-of-progression qualification and competency and schedule training as required.
- Provide consistency in the application of the collective agreement to the scheduling process.
- Provide information & support to maintenance and operations in the form of report creation and other administration functions.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter with excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills who thrives in a fast-paced environment and requires minimal supervision. This person also has a demonstrated ability to manage within established guidelines and respectfully challenge situations outside such guidelines.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office are vital to this position. A strong background in Excel is a definite asset.