Technical Audit Engineer
Located on the western side of spectacular coastal British Columbia, Howe Sound Pulp and Paper is one of the oldest operating mills in the province. Commissioned in 1909, Howe Sound Pulp and Paper plays a key role in the history of the Sunshine Coast. Generations of families who were first attracted to the area by mill jobs, stayed and have made the Coast their home.
Howe Sound is one of 8 facilities owned by Paper Excellence, a diversified manufacturer of pulp and paper that produces over 3 million tonnes of printing, writing, packaging, and specialty papers annually with a workforce of more than 3,000 strong.
The Technical Audit Engineer will report to the T.A Team manager and Senior Technical Advisor to liaise and work with various Mill departments to lead and coordinate cost reduction initiatives, improve productivity and increase customer satisfaction.
This role will identify training needs to increase awareness of continuous improvement and drive optimization, resulting in improved processes and customer satisfaction, cost savings, and company growth.
In order to achieve these goals, this individual will support the manager to review project registration, progress, and results, confirm scope, determine resource needs, and supervise the efforts of team members.
Idea potential candidate will be someone who have worked for 15+ years in Chemical recovery and power plant in pulp mills. Solid knowledge and hands-on experience with Recovery Boiler, Evaporator, Causticizing plant, Lime Kiln, Power plant and Turbine Operations are strongly preferred.
- University degree in engineering or related post-secondary education. Chemical, Process or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum (15) years' experience in pulp and paper manufacturing
- Alternative combinations of education and experience may be considered
- Ability to produce succinct reports/presentations to communicate the status of assigned
- Quality control background, including problem solving and root cause analysis
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated diplomacy and professionalism
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work with little supervision, be self-directed with metric reporting structure to PE CEO Office
- Training and knowledge of Six Sigma techniques, Kaizen, and Lean Manufacturing are desirable
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 systems are an asset
- Highly motivated and self-directed, capable of multi-tasking, and able to work with minimal supervision
- Able to interface directly with cross functional teams
- Ability to create and review technical documentation, including project plans, test procedures, and design documents
- Able to develop, review, and maintain metrics and audits
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution