Accountant - Catalyst Powell River
The Accountant reports to the Controller and is accountable for the efficient delivery and reporting of financial information.
The Accountant plays a key role in month-end processes and many related accounting assignments. This position participates in key initiatives and provides manufacturing cost, operating and financial analysis to support business decisions.
The Accountant also plays a key role in the development of the annual operating plans for the mill. Strong leadership, communication, and variance analysis skills are vital to this position, as is the ability to build a working knowledge of the mill’s cost structure and processes.
Key duties to be assigned include:
- Project Accounting functions- tracking and reporting for the following:
- Capital Expenditure Requests
- Maintenance Expenditure Requests
- Responsible for the processing and reporting of monthly transactions for the following manufacturing costs:
- Indirect & Overhead Costs
- Hourly Labour
- Operating Supplies
- Finishing Supplies
- Preparation and reporting of monthly latest view forecasts for the Powell River mill for the above-mentioned manufacturing costs.
- Preparation of account reconciliations for assigned balance sheet accounts.
- Other tasks as required.
- A bachelor’s degree in Business/Finance or Accounting
- 3 - 5 years accounting experience with a manufacturing industry preferred
- Enrolled or completed professional accounting designation is an asset
- Demonstrated commitment to accuracy and diligence to the business process
- Self-starter, proactive, and strong business acumen
- Excellent PC skills and all MS Office - particularly Excel
- Good communicator with an inquiring mind
Short-listed candidates will be asked to provide proof of credentials.
Relocation assistance is provided for successful applicants moving to our communities.