Pipefitter - Catalyst Port Alberni
The Pipefitter is an integral member of the Maintenance department and is responsible for layout and fabrication, assembly, installation, and maintenance of piping/plumbing systems, fixtures and equipment for complex steam, water, sprinkler, heating, cooling, lubricating and related systems. This work requires practical journeyperson level skills and knowledge as Pipefitter. The work may require interpreting specifications, blueprints, manufacturers' manuals, sketches or similar documents. It will also require the ability to plan the sequence of operation and materials according to knowledge of pressure capacities, piping, plumbing operations and materials. Hourly rate: $40.75.
As part of the maintenance team, you will:
- Live up to the highest level of safety and environmental compliance. This means demonstrating the courage to care — which includes being fully accountable for one’s actions, watching out for fellow employees, and confronting unsafe actions or conditions that could lead to personal harm
- Enjoy the environment and camaraderie of working in a team of talented trades people
- Support manufacturing operations to locate and diagnose defects in paper/pulp production equipment
- Work with, and gain further knowledge of, the types and sizes of pipe and related metallic, vitreous and plastic materials according to job specifications
- Perform incidental tasks as required to complete the larger task
- Provide mechanical support to manufacturing operations to locate and diagnose trouble in mechanical systems or equipment
- Complete required preventive maintenance at defined intervals on all mechanical equipment
- Work in a flexible trades environment where you may perform tasks historically assigned to other mechanical classifications such as Millwright, Welder and Sheet Metal worker
- Support our drive for enhanced performance and improved quality and efficiency
A self-starter and dedicated team player, you have:
- Interprovincial Red Seal
- experience in assembling and installing fibreglass pipes
- proven troubleshooting skills
- superior interpersonal and coaching capabilities
- the ability to work flexibly
Short-listed candidates will be asked to provide proof of credentials.
Relocation assistance is provided for successful applicants moving to our communities.