Industrial Millwright - Catalyst Port Alberni
The Millwright is an integral member of the Maintenance department and is responsible for installing, maintaining, repairing, troubleshooting and, when necessary, dismantling machinery, conveyor systems, pulleys, mechanical clutches, gear boxes, hydraulic and pneumatic control systems. Work requires practical skill and knowledge and journey-level skill as a Millwright. Vibration analysis skills would be an asset. Hourly rate: $40.75.
As part of the maintenance team, you will:
- Live up to the highest level of safety and environmental compliance. This means demonstrating the courage to care — which includes being fully accountable for one’s actions, watching out for fellow employees, and confronting unsafe actions or conditions that could lead to personal harm
- Enjoy the environment and camaraderie of working in a team of Journeyman trades people
- Establish and implement preventative & operational maintenance activities
- Support manufacturing operations to locate and diagnose defects in paper/pulp production equipment
- Perform incidental tasks as required to complete the larger task
- Complete required preventive maintenance at defined intervals on all mechanical equipment
- Work with other trades in a flexible team environment to achieve greater efficiency and productivity
- Support our drive for enhanced performance and improved quality and efficiency
A self-starter and dedicated team player, you have:
- an Interprovincial Red Seal Millwright certificate of qualification
- proven troubleshooting skills
- superior interpersonal and coaching capabilities
- the ability to work flexibly
- a valid driver’s license
Short-listed candidates will be asked to provide proof of credentials.
Relocation assistance is provided for successful applicants moving to our communities.