Howe Sound Pulp and Paper has an immediate opportunity for an Operations Superintendent at our West Coast Chip Plant.
Located on the Fraser River in South Vancouver, West Coast chip plant was built in 1985 and boasts one of the largest whole log chippers in North America. The chipper disk is 153 inches in diameter and will consume a 43" diameter log in a matter of seconds. West Coast Chip Plant produces approx. 450,000 gravity packed units of Hemlock and Douglas Fir chips annually; approximately 700 barges and is forty percent of Howe Sound's overall needs. WCC also generates 45,000 gravity packed units of hog fuel annually, approximately 90 barges that is used to fuel Howe Sound's power boiler.
Under the direction of the Manager, Coast Fibre Supply, you will lead and be responsible for providing strategic and operational leadership for West Coast Chip Plant.
- Loss Prevention
- Industrial Relations/Human Resources
- Implement and promote health and safety programs for all employees
- Maintain maximum productivity and produce quality standards
- Manage production by coordinating supply/demand product types and schedules with the Fibre Supply department and HSPP
- Monitor and direct maintenance for maximum equipment efficiency.
- Ensure compliance with all health, safety, and environmental standards & regulations established by government or regulatory bodies.
- Ensure company policies, procedures, and regulations are observed by all employees
- Interpret the Coast Master Agreement and liaison with the Plant Committee, United Steel workers and the Employers Council.
- High school graduate plus five (5) years related experience.
- Requires knowledge of the capacity of assigned equipment, maintenance and repair of same.