Corporate Asset Reliability Head
The Corporate Asset Reliability Head is responsible for improving the mill equipment reliability by employing the best maintenance practices and procedures in all PE Mills. The position is also responsible for coordinating the insurance risk recommendations and ensure priorities are implemented to manage risk to mill assets.
Technical and Operational Support:
- Works with the Maintenance Managers on the best maintenance practices and procedures and improve equipment reliability.
- Discuss the strength and weaknesses of the maintenance organization including tool time improvement and come up with short- and long-term solutions.
- Provides specialized, expert support for maintenance staff. Works with Reliability Engineers to resolve equipment issues.
- Ensures the effective monitoring of major equipment breakdown that affects production and ensures proper RCA and action plans are implemented.
- Supports the Mill GM on prioritizing maintenance Capex based on the agreed Corporate Maintenance risk assessment and matrix.
- Supports Mill and Corporate purchasing in simplifying the annual shutdown selection of major contractors by developing long term contracts including major equipment refurbishment workshop.
- Coordinate with the Mill GM and VP Operations on the mill annual shutdown and review the postmortem report with the mill team.
- Develop effective maintenance KPIs that is aligned with the Mill Manager’s KPI and consistent with all mills.
- Organize an annual maintenance workshop and MBOS maintenance competition
- Maximize the use of best available technology and platforms such as SAP MM, smart sensors for equipment monitoring to improve maintenance planning and spare parts procurement
- Works with the mill on the insurance recommendations and properly prioritize based on the available funding
- Works with Maintenance program service providers
- Coordinate with PE HR and the mill to ensure certification and training of professional engineers under Professional Practice Management Plan under the new Professional Government Act.
Operational Reporting and Analysis
- Submit a monthly report of the asset health of all mills. Determines root causes and ensures preventive measures instituted are successful in addressing issues.
- Issues weekly and monthly reports on activities.
- Quarterly reliability report meeting with Mill GM and VP Operations
- Developing productive and positive relationships with mill management and employees.
- Is visible throughout the facility and communicates relevant corporate information internally. Facilitates constructive and collaborative transfer of information within and between operating units.
- Supports Health and Safety programs related to equipment
- University degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- At least ten (10) years of related experience in a pulp and paper manufacturing.
- Basic knowledge of pulp and paper technology, maintenance requirements of equipment in the same industry.
- Proven ability in safety management, leadership, and employee development
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, and team-building skills
- Strong organizational skills with the desire to accept the challenge of working in continually changing internal/external business conditions
- An effective communicator – written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Ability to speak French language preferred by not required