The Intermediate Accountant is responsible for the accounting duties and monthly reporting of the head office, ensuring complete and accurate information in accordance with accounting principles and best practices. The intermediate accountant reports directly to the Accounting Manager.
- In-charge of group wide inter-company balance. Process intercompany transactions, perform monitoring, reconciliation & reporting.
- Perform consolidation reporting.
- Perform consistency check on accounting record within consolidation entities.
- Maintain key accounting/consolidation schedules (investment, other comprehensive income, impairment and other critical schedule related with consolidation reporting)
- Provide support on month end procedures, including the review of GLs, MRP preparation, Departmental cost analysis, and Monthly financial forecasts
- Process accounting journal entries and transactions
- Assist with external and internal audits
- Assist with ad hoc projects and duties in the accounting department
- Provide accounting support to business operations, assist with process improvements, and perform other duties as assigned.
- University degree in accounting and/or working towards the completion of the CPA program
- 4+ years of professional accounting experience which involve with internal and external financial reporting
- Knowledge of accounting principles ASPE and IFRS
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, able to utilize all necessary functions to perform an efficient approach of data analysis/modelling/reporting
- A customer focused approach to dealing with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent organizational skills, strong communication skills, and attention to detail
- Possess situational awareness of surroundings with the ability to adapt to new and changing environments
- A high sense of urgency
- Experience with SAP is considered an asset
- Experience with consolidation reporting is preferred