Senior Systems Specialist
Reporting to the Manager, Mill Infrastructure, this role will provide project design, management, and implementation of complex information systems to support the business goals of the Mill within the enterprise. Technical support will also be provided for all sites across Canada as needed.
The outstanding candidate for this role will have a combination of Sr. level Network and Systems Engineering experience.
Strategy and Planning
- Write technical specifications for the purchase of corporate technology equipment, networking hardware, and related products.
- Assist in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future hardware and corporate technology needs.
- Aid in development of business continuity and disaster recovery plans, maintain current knowledge of executable plans, and respond to crises in accordance with business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
Acquisition and Deployment
- Conduct research on, and make recommendations for, hardware products in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Identify and deliver required hardware service levels according to company policies.
- Liaise with, and provide training and support to, end users and staff on equipment operation and other issues.
- Where required, install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot associated end user software and networking software products.
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex hardware problems for a variety of end users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including off-site repair as needed.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, e-mails, and help desk tickets.
- Maintain up to date inventories of all in use end-user computing equipment and software.
- Maintain up to date inventories of all in use network, server, storage, and backup equipment and software.
- Document instances of hardware failure, repair, installation, and removal.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of hardware and equipment contracts and facilitate contract-based installations.
- If necessary, liaise with third-party support and equipment vendors.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform hardware and peripheral equipment improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
- Lead IT infrastructure projects and ensure that all assigned projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- With minimal supervision, assists in the research, design, planning, implementation, maintenance and support of existing infrastructure, and leads the research, planning, design, implementation and support of existing and emerging infrastructure technologies in a complex environment with minimal supervision.
- Determines the setup, configuration and maintenance required for new and/or upgraded servers/network/systems/applications according to industry best practices and/or standards.
- Researches, develops and integrates new network technologies into the IT infrastructure.
- Provides expertise and direction of IT network infrastructure operations and controls ensuring that the integrity of networks, servers, and all other IT assets is maintained at all times.
- Ensuring the optimized performance, integrity, and security of all network access points, network systems, including but not limited to, firewalls, DMZ, external DNS, switches, routers, VoIP, wireless, remote access, video conferencing, and unified communication applications.
- Provides network strategic planning, architecting, design, network vulnerability assessments, network penetration tests, capacity planning, and project management.
- Performs setup, configuration and ongoing monitoring of Active Directory infrastructure (i.e. AD replication/DNS troubleshooting, event log monitoring, OU maintenance, demotion & removal of domain controllers/DNS/DHCP servers, promote DCs, etc.)
- Performs ongoing system maintenance of servers including general server cleanup, system monitoring and patching.
- Performs setup, configuration and ongoing maintenance of storage infrastructure (i.e. Nimble, HPe MSA, and Dell SANs).
- Performs setup, configuration and ongoing maintenance of virtual storage infrastructure (i.e. StoreVirtual, StorMagic, VSAN).
- Take ownership of backup and recovery solutions and ensures all necessary systems and data are backed up and can be reliably restored.
- Perform annual DRP and BCP tests to validate the efficacy of backup and recovery processes.
- Ensure systems are designed and implemented with High Availability and Disaster recovery.
- Develops and maintains system-related documentation to facilitate implementation and/or adoption of system changes.
- Other relevant tasks as assigned by the Manager, Site Infrastructure.
- University degree in computer science or relevant job experience
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) or Fortinet Security Fabric preferred
- VMware VCP preferred
- 10 years of progressive IT Infrastructure admin experience (Network Security, WAN, Wi-Fi, Server/Storage and Data Centre Technologies).
- 5 years of managing progressively more complex IT projects.
- 2 years of architecting Data Centre solutions
- SaaS, IaaS, and PaaS in Microsoft Azure or other cloud providers.
- Storage architecture and SAN technology.
- Virtual SAN technology.
- Mid to large size server operations including daily operations and maintenance.
- On-premise to cloud migrations.
- Active Directory consolidation and migration projects.
- MDM solutions such as Intune.
- Installing, configuring, and managing Windows server environments including Active Directory, SCCM, SQL Server, DNS, DHCP.
- Installing, configuring, and managing VMware virtual environments.
- Hands-on experience with data center migration and IP standardization.
- Thorough understanding of WAN infrastructure (MPLS, SDWAN).
- In-depth hands-on working experience with Cisco Network environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the FortiNet ecosystem.
- Troubleshooting and Performance Analysis (e.g., WireShark, Solarwinds, PRTG).
- Network architecture and support experience.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and manage multiple, concurrent and conflicting priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to think outside the box and beyond the current solution to identify new and improved solutions – can identify an idea logically, document the overall solution and technology and successfully deliver the solution.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and in a team environment.
- Exceptional and proven technical, analytical, organizational and time management skills.
- Extremely developed troubleshooting/problem solving skills.
- Exceptionally motivated and technical individual with experience in numerous aspects of Information Technology.
- Excellent ability to utilize available tools to effectively obtain results.
- Ability to mentor Network and Systems Administrator, as well as other team members through knowledge-transfer.
- Technical writing including documentation of procedures.
- Good verbal, written, and presentation skills (English).
- Strong understanding of change management practices and principles.
- This position requires an average of 10% travel to operational sites within Canada.