HR Generalist (PA51)
HR Generalist - Pro Administration
Pro Admin is looking for an experienced and pro-active full-time HR Generalist to join our team to support our front-line managers across BC & AB. We operate in both Union and Non-union environments in the complex care industry.
We are looking for someone who guides and directs their own work, the right candidate will find gaps in current systems or processes, and determine how to alleviate by creating, altering, or removing pieces that are not working.
HR Generalist Must Haves:
- Completion of a Post Secondary Education Business Degree, Human Resources program preferred;
- 2+ years previous experience in a similar role;
- Satisfactory proof of Covid-19 vaccination;
- Must be willing to work in office 100% of work time - with flexibility in schedule;
- Strong knowledge of Employment Law;
- Excellent computer skills, proficient in the utilization of Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Minimum 50wpm keyboarding skills,
- Pro-active, with little need for direction or oversight,
- Resourceful with great initiative.
HR Generalist Nice to Haves:
- Experience with:
- Union & Non-Union environments,
- Progressive Corrective Discipline and Performance Management
- Medical Leaves and Duty to Accommodate requests
- Tracking and managing various programs.
- Strong knowledge of Collective Agreements,
- Strong understanding of Immigration processes in Canada and BC.
What we will provide to you:
- A competitive salary of $65,000-70,000, experience dependent.
- A fun and supportive team environment.
- 4 weeks' vacation and 2% days of sick entitlement, as we believe in employees’ wellbeing.
- An Extended Health & Dental package
- includes Chiropractor, Physiotherapy, Massage Therapy, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program and Out of Country Emergency Care, plus more.
- A standard Monday to Friday, 8AM – 4PM schedule with some flexibility.
- Internal opportunities for growth and development, since we believe in promoting from within.
- Educational opportunities where we will fund your education, if approved, to help advance your career with us.
- Full access to on site fitness facility and gym, including group training, spin and infrared yoga to name a few at Ora Yoga & Fitness.
- Easily utilize your benefits at Restore Rehabilitation right downstairs on site.
HR Generalist Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responds to Labour Relations Issues for dedicated sites within the Group of Companies accordingly;
- Performance Management,
- Progressive Corrective Discipline,
- Conducts Site Visits to Support Front Line Staff and Managers as required,
- Liaises with the Union (when applicable).
- Point of contact between union and site manager,
- Labour Management Meetings.
- Communicates and guides manager when Union Drive Organizing is occurring;
- Interprets all collective agreements and prepares ‘summary sheet’;
- Coordinates Immigration Strategies for the Group of Companies;
- Drafts and prepares semi annual company newsletters;
- Prepares quarterly seniority reports for union sites;
- Assists site Manager is handling Long Term Medical Leaves;
- Assists site Managers is reviewing and approving a Duty to Accommodate, including corresponding GRTWs;
- Assists site Managers in handling Absent Without Approval situations thru to termination of employment;
- Manages Internal Transfers between sites;
- Completes Exit Interviews for Managers and Administrative Assistants;
- Stage 2 Employment Engagement Surveys - analyzes the result and works with Operations to develop an action plan to address concerns brought up in the survey;
- Tracks education assistant reimbursements and return to service agreements;
- Performs other related duties as assigned.