Help Desk Technician
Located in the south-central region of B.C., the Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen (RDOS) covers an area over 10,400 km2 and is renowned for its orchards, vineyards and golf courses, as well as its widely varied landscape including deserts, mountains and valleys, pristine lakes and outdoor recreational opportunities.
The Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen is currently recruiting for a regular, full-time Help Desk Technician to join the Information Services team.
The Help Desk Technician position is responsible for maintaining and enhancing the Information Services technology infrastructure and maximizing the potential of information technologies to support internal and external business processes.
- Two-year Diploma in computer science or related program.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience providing customer support services in an information technology support role.
- Sound knowledge with computer, data processing and Microsoft Windows based environments including; Microsoft Office Suites, Windows Operating systems and Modern Browsers
- Knowledge of wide and local area networks, network and computer peripherals, telecommunications equipment and other related systems.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and listening skills to deal effectively and respectfully with all staff.
- Effective communication skills to convey technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to provide assistance and education regarding applications and use of equipment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff.
- Ability to write clear and concise documentation.
- Ability to quickly diagnose and troubleshoot problems.
- Ability to work on a number of concurrent tasks independently and efficiently, with limited supervision.
- Ability to pass and maintain a Criminal Record Check.
- Valid BC Driver’s Licence.
This regular, full-time position is included in the BCGEU bargaining unit. The hourly wage for the position is $40.47, Paygrade 8, plus an attractive fringe benefits package.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.