Application Business Analyst
Located in the south-central region of B.C., the Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen (RDOS) covers an area over 10,400 km2 and is renowned for its orchards, vineyards and golf courses, as well as its widely varied landscape including deserts, mountains and valleys, pristine lakes and outdoor recreational opportunities.
The Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen is currently recruiting for a regular, full-time Application Business Analyst to join the Information Services team.
The Application Business Analyst position is responsible for planning, developing, maintaining and enhancing information services technology infrastructure to maximize internal and external business processes.
- Post-secondary Degree in computer science, business administration or related field.
- Holds one of the following designations: CBAP (Certified Business Analysis Professional), CAPM (Certified Associate in Project Management), CCBA (Certification of Competency in Business Analysis) or has the ability to obtain.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) certified in SQL server or Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) in Data management and Analytics.
- Minimum of three (3) years of related experience preferably in a local government setting. A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience with business and technical requirements analysis, elicitation, modeling, verification, and methodology development.
- Experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products.
- Ability to create systematic and consistent requirements specifications in both technical and userfriendly language.
- Ability to apply statistical and other research methods to systems, issues and products.
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated project management skills and project management software skills, including planning, organizing and managing resources.
- Working knowledge of application development and software development life cycle concepts.
- Ability to work on several concurrent tasks with deadline pressures.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently with limited supervision.
- Ability to be courteous and diplomatic in dealing with internal and external customers.
- Ability to understand and execute oral and written instructions and write clear and concise documentation.
- Ability to pass and maintain a Criminal Record Check.
- Valid BC Driver’s Licence.
This regular, full-time position is included in the BCGEU bargaining unit. The hourly wage for the position is $42.91, Paygrade 9, plus an attractive fringe benefits package.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.