Located in the south-central region of B.C., the Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen (RDOS) covers an area over 10,400 km2 and is renowned for its orchards, vineyards and golf courses, as well as its widely varied landscape including deserts, mountains and valleys, pristine lakes and outdoor recreational opportunities.
The Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen is currently recruiting for a regular, full-time GIS Technician to join the Information Services team.
The GIS Technician position is responsible for maintaining and enhancing the Geographic Information System (GIS) infrastructure and for providing GIS and related geospatial and information technologies to support internal and external customers.
- Two-year diploma in geography or related program.
- Completion of an Advanced Diploma in GIS is considered an asset.
- Minimum three (3) years of related experience with the application and administration of GIS technology preferably in a local government setting. A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Minimum of (3) years of experience with ArcGIS software products or other industry standard GIS tools.
- A working knowledge knowledge of the following GIS software: ESRI Desktop software (ArcMap, ArcGIS Pro), ESRI ArcGIS Enterprise (ArcGIS Server and ArcGIS Portal), ESRI ArcGIS Online (including WebApp Builder and Experience Builder), ESRI Mobile software (Field Maps, Collector, Survey123, Workforce, QuickCapture), ArcGIS Open Data, Hub, and Dashboard Server and ArcGIS Portal.
- Knowledge of cartographic principles and geo-processing.
- Effective communication skills to convey technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to be courteous and diplomatic in dealing with the public and co-workers.
- Ability to write clear and concise documentation.
- Ability to quickly diagnose and troubleshoot problems.
- Ability to work on a number of concurrent tasks independently and efficiently, with limited supervision.
- Ability to pass and maintain a criminal record check.
- Valid BC Driver’s Licence.
This regular, full-time position is included in the BCGEU bargaining unit. The hourly wage for the position is $40.47, Paygrade 8, plus an attractive fringe benefits package.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.