Summer Program Assistant
Westerose or Semi-Remote, Alberta
4-H Alberta is currently seeking Summer Program Assistants!
4-H is a youth development organization that guides, supports and inspires Alberta’s greatest resource, the youth of Alberta. We are Alberta’s premier youth organization that encourages youth to learn to do by doing, and empowers them to become leaders and volunteers in their clubs, communities, countries, and the world.
With a century of leadership excellence; our new organization is hiring!
Join Our Team
Currently, 4-H Alberta is seeking Summer Program Assistants to join our team.
We are seeking six summer students who can think on their feet and are creative and innovative. We require students to be able to work independently and within a team from time to time with limited supervision. Successful candidates must have strong interpersonal and communication skills, and will have the opportunity to learn how to supervise and evaluate youth leaders and delegates. 4-H or camp experience is an asset.
- Get paid to work with amazing kids
- Get paid to make a difference
- Get paid to plan and run extreme activities
- Get paid to advance your leadership skills and receive feedback for future success
- Get paid to wear a hilarious dinosaur costume!
The 4-H Alberta Summer Program Assistant team will plan, coordinate and deliver 4-H Alberta summer programs. The team will assist in planning and coordinating summer programs for 4-H and community youth!
The Summer Program Assistants will be onsite at the Alberta 4-H Centre and across Alberta to implement summer programs. Students will assist with office tasks in May and June to prepare for the programs. This summer following all Alberta Health Services requirements under the children sports and performance requirements, our programs will take place across Alberta and the camp sessions will be day programs with potential overnight programs if restrictions change. Programs will be three or five days in length and will run in July and August.
Responsibilities of 4-H Alberta Summer Program Assistants
- Plan and coordinate summer programs
- Oversee the daily operation of the program
- Mentor volunteer youth leaders
- Work with fellow Assistant Directors to successfully implement 4-H Alberta summer programs
- Responsible for conducting first aid and monitoring the wellbeing of delegates at the programs
- Collaborate with team members to manage any disciplinary issues(Take the lead)
- Monitor safety and all procedures during the implementation of the program
- Ensure program is being followed (implementing the agreed upon activities)
- Prepare an evaluation and summary of each program, with cooperation from fellow assistant(s), including an overview of camp, youth leader evaluations, accident reports, health logs, and program evaluation
- Assist with programming needs at the Alberta 4-H Centre through May and June
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Reports to 4-H Alberta -Program Coordinator and Chief Program Delivery Officer
Positions require lots of energy, excellent leadership skills and the ability to have fun! In addition, successful candidates must be dependable, mature and able to work independently and as a team member.
- Completed one year post-secondary education
- Class 5 Alberta Drivers’ License; (Drivers abstract)
- Standard First Aid and CPR or ability to obtain prior to starting position
- Criminal Record with a Vulnerable Sector Check
- Preference for (not required): NLS certification
- Salary Range: Office Day Rate: $15.00 - $18.00 based on experience and qualifications
- Accommodation and food provided when at a program
- Position HeadQuarters is at the Alberta 4-H Centre, Westerose AB
- Living accommodation can be provided upon request at the Alberta 4-H Centre
- During the planning stages work from home may be an option or required
- Position training is included
- Start Date: May 2, 2021
- End Date: August 27, 2021
4-H Alberta inspires, educates, and develops Members who are outstanding rural and urban youth, leaders, and engaged citizens. Members 'Learn to do by doing' dynamic Projects, Programs and community service. In honouring our rural roots, we continue to recognize the importance of food and agriculture in Alberta.
4-H Alberta programs are offered throughout Alberta for our 4-H members.
Applicants without a cover letter will not be considered.
We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed based on education and experience. Only individuals who best meet the needs of the position will be contacted for an interview.
Please note all successful applicants will be required to follow all Alberta Health Services Requirements that are in place for the safety of themselves, participants and fellow staff. These requirements may change without notice.
A Rewarding Role
4-H Alberta is supported by hardworking and passionate people that are working tirelessly to create one of the finest youth development organizations in Canada. If this feels like an environment that you could thrive within, scroll down to apply now!
For more information on 4-H Alberta, please visit our website