Manager, Domestic and Expatriate Payroll
B2Gold is a low-cost international senior gold producer headquartered in Vancouver, Canada. Founded in 2007, today, B2Gold has three operating gold mines and numerous development and exploration projects in various countries including Mali, the Philippines, Namibia, Colombia, Finland and Uzbekistan.
Manager, Domestic and Expatriate Payroll
Job Description and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Director, Human Resources, the incumbent leads a team of experienced payroll professionals to oversee corporate and expatriate payrolls. The main responsibilities of the role are to implement, manage and maintain compliant payroll and tax frameworks; coordinate and oversee accurate and timely Canadian, US and international payrolls and tax administration. This includes director fees and executive payroll, taxable benefits including equity and stock options, accurate payroll accounting entries, third party payments, accruals and tax-year-ends; and to conduct research and advise HR and payroll teams on tax and associated implications with regards to global mobility and jurisdictional compliance. The incumbent works collaboratively with the Corporate Human Resources team to support the organization and employees with payroll-related matters.
Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Champion domestic and international payroll, tax compliance and associated reporting;
- Oversee payroll systems and processes with the assistance of the Payroll and Benefits Supervisor;
- Manage, review and approve the complete payroll process, ensuring payrolls are calculated correctly, all taxable benefits and incentives are recorded and verified, taxes are deducted and remitted appropriately, journal entries balance and payments are processed on time;
- Implement and manage payroll procedures and controls, assist with internal and external audits and SOX compliance, and propose corrective action;
- Work in partnership with corporate HR, Accounting, site-based teams and external advisors to support global mobility functions, so as to ensure jurisdictional compliance as it relates to payroll and benefits;
- Research, coordinate and implement payroll requirements with regards to expatriate payrolls in new employment tax localities and handle process and system improvements as additional business prerequisites arise;
- Oversee periodic remuneration surveys, assist in the preparation of payroll budgets and accruals and oversee the implementation of approved budgets;
- Oversee training requirements for payroll team including knowledge transfer and professional development, particularly for changes to regulatory requirements and emerging best practices;
- Ensure adherence to all company and payroll-related policies and procedures and applicable tax laws;
- Ensure accurate maintenance of current and historical payroll and tax records and ensure protection (privacy) of data;
- Support company and department initiatives and perform other duties as required in support of Company objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration including Finance, Commerce, Accounting or other relevant discipline, and/or hold a valid Certified Public Accountant designation;
- Certified Payroll Manager (CPM) is a plus;
- At least eight years’ practical Canadian and US payroll experience of which three years in a senior supervisory or managerial function, preferably with a mid to large multi-jurisdiction company;
- A comprehensive understanding of payroll, payroll tax and the statutory environment in Canada and the US; previous oversight of international payroll and tax will be a distinct advantage;
- Working experience supporting payroll audits and compliance with a publicly listed employer or through client experience in public practice;
- Recent experience in payroll budget development, forecasting and annual reporting including T4s and W2s;
- Expert level Excel skills together with advanced Microsoft Office functionality;
- Attention to detail, analytical and organized
Interested candidates who are self-starters with a proven track record of being a successful payroll manager and who enjoy working in a collaborative and dynamic environment are invited to apply.
This position is based out of our beautiful new offices in downtown Vancouver. To be considered, applicants must be currently able to/eligible to work from our Vancouver, Canada offices. This position is not eligible for remote work (however, subject to directives from Provincial Health Officer). B2Gold requires employees to be fully vaccinated (and maintain fully vaccinated status), subject to applicable human-rights related exemptions.
B2Gold offers a competitive compensation package, including salary commensurate with experience, knowledge and skills, plus a comprehensive benefit package for employees and their eligible dependents.
We thank all applicants for their interest in B2Gold Corp; however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
B2Gold prioritizes local employment, supports empowerment initiatives and continuously works towards a people profile that matches the demographics of the respective national settings in which we operate, while appreciating our inclusive culture that attracts talent from around the world. As an equal opportunity employer, B2Gold values equity, diversity and inclusion. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.