Chief Mine Operations Engineer
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, B2Gold Corp. (“B2Gold”) is a low-cost international senior gold producer. Founded in 2007, B2Gold has three operating gold mines and numerous exploration and development projects in various countries including Mali, the Philippines, Namibia, Colombia and Burkina Faso.
Chief Mine Operations Engineer, Vancouver
Job Description and Responsibilities
Working collaboratively with the corporate engineering group, this position reports directly to the V.P., Operations. This position is essential in providing technical expertise to B2Gold’s operational and development projects and project evaluation efforts.
This position will be based at B2Gold Corporate Office in Vancouver, Canada.
- Provides professional guidance and advice to B2Gold’s operations and projects;
- Contributes to due diligence and assessment of mine projects related to acquisitions and mergers;
- Prepares conceptual and feasibility plans; • Analyzes operating, development, and evaluation projects;
- Ensures that mine designs and operation plan meet B2Gold and industry standard safety parameters;
- Prepares operations optimization, land use studies, options analyses, and expansion studies as requirements arise;
- Guides project studies, both small to large in scope;
- Manages and/or perform discrete projects as the need arises;
- Maintains communication with sites in relation to mining activities, including mining production personnel, department managers, and mine managers;
- Extensive travel to current and future site operations and projects of B2Gold, as required;
- While at site, works alongside the mine operations group to provide technical expertise in various areas;
- Maintains current knowledge on industry best practices and international performance standards; and
- Perform other duties as required in support of Company objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in mining engineering from a globally-recognized program;
- Professional Certification desired (P. Eng., P.E., or similar);
- 10-12 years of requisite mining industry experience, ideally in both open pit and underground mine operations working at the operation level; international work experience will be a definite advantage;
- Strong knowledge, ability, and understanding of mine optimization, design, production planning, and site performance;
- Experience creating and maintaining mine budgets, cost models, and life of mine plans;
- Expert level knowledge and experience working with Microsoft software (Word, Outlook, Excel, Project) including significant experience with detailed Excel based cost and production models and mine design/planning systems (GEMS, Deswik, MineSite, Datamine, Surpac, Vulcan, etc.);
- Demonstrated experience in upholding the highest level of safety standards; • Experience working with consultants and teams directly and remotely;
- Excellent communication and collaboration abilities with all levels of internal employees and external professionals and stakeholders;
- Written and/or oral fluency in French while not essential would be considered an advantage; • Must be currently eligible to work in Canada and travel internationally; and
- Possession of valid drivers’ license
B2Gold offers a competitive compensation package, including salary commensurate with experience, knowledge and skills, plus a comprehensive benefit package for employees and their dependents.
We thank all applicants for their interest in B2Gold Corp; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
B2Gold prioritizes local employment, supports empowerment initiatives and continuously works towards a people profile that matches the demographics of the respective national settings in which we operate, while appreciating our inclusive culture that attracts talent from around the world. As an equal opportunity employer, B2Gold values diversity and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply.