Human Resources Coordinator
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, B2Gold Corp. (“B2Gold”) is a low-cost international senior gold producer. Founded in 2007, B2Gold has three operating gold mines and numerous exploration and development projects in various countries including Mali, the Philippines, Namibia, Colombia and Burkina Faso.
Human Resources Coordinator, Vancouver
Location and Reporting Structure
Based in the Vancouver Corporate office, this position reports directly to the Corporate Human Resources Manager.
As an experienced member of our HR and Payroll team, the HR Coordinator supports a variety of HR functions including expatriate contract management, HRIS maintenance, benefit administration, reporting and employee support. The successful candidate will employ their superior communication, time management and organization skills to successfully complete a variety of day-to-day tasks accurately and within deadlines. The HR Coordinator engages with employees, management and external stakeholders with tact, diplomacy and professionalism while maintaining the highest level of confidentiality at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for liaising with senior management at sites and corporately to ensure expatriate processes meet operational objectives and align with B2Gold and departmental standards and processes;
- Coordinate and oversee the expatriate contract administration process from recruitment through to termination;
- Work collaboratively with the Corporate Human Resources and Payroll teams;
- Coordinate and oversee the expatriate recruitment process from posting to offer issuance;
- Oversee the expatriate end-of-contract/termination process;
- Responsible for the accuracy and completeness of expatriate employee files/records;
- Coordinate and oversee the amendment/transfer expatriate administrative process;
- Preparation of monthly and periodic reports for management;
- Review all expatriate contracts and documents prior to issuance;
- Ensure approved expatriate timesheets are provided to payroll on a timely basis;
- Provide support to expatriates relating to group benefits and our international tax reconciliation process;
- Prepare/proof communications with various stakeholders;
- Respond to telephone and written enquiries;
- Contribute to, participate actively in various department initiatives;
- Contribute actively to the development of department processes to improve efficiency and accuracy of the expatriate employee experience and compliance; and
- Perform other duties as required in support of Company objectives.
Competencies and Requirements
- Completion of a Canadian Human Resources program and relevant work experience (diploma – minimum 5 years’ focused HR experience, OR degree – 3-4 years’ minimum focused HR experience);
- Completion of CPHR designation strongly preferred;
- International mining/resource/public company expatriate HR experience strongly preferred;
- Demonstrated experience with employment contract management with a sound understanding of employment regulatory frameworks;
- Advanced level working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly with Word and Excel, with a minimum of 50 wpm;
- Strong HRIS and business systems experience;
- Motivated to learn with a passion for delivering high quality service;
- Able to work independently and prioritize work based on deadlines and department objectives;
- Professional level English communication skills with additional language skills (French/Spanish) considered an asset; and
- The ability to understand/maintain confidentiality, strong work ethic, with a team-player mindset are imperative attributes.
B2Gold offers a competitive compensation package, including salary commensurate with experience, knowledge and skills, plus a comprehensive benefit package for employees and their dependents.
We thank all applicants for their interest in B2Gold Corp; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
B2Gold prioritizes local employment, supports empowerment initiatives and continuously works towards a people profile that matches the demographics of the respective national settings in which we operate, while appreciating our inclusive culture that attracts talent from around the world. As an equal opportunity employer, B2Gold values diversity and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply.