Senior Electrical Supervisor - Plant
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, B2Gold Corp. (“B2Gold”) is a low-cost international senior gold producer. Founded in 2007, B2Gold has three operating gold mines and numerous exploration and development projects in various countries including Mali, the Philippines, Namibia, Colombia and Burkina Faso.
Senior Electrical Supervisor, Mali
Location and Reporting Structure
Reporting to the Electrical Superintendent, this position will be a fly in – fly out rotation, based at the Fekola Gold Project in Mali.
The Senior Electrical Supervisor will oversee the electrical maintenance activities within the Fekola mine site, ensuring they are conducted in accordance with company policies and procedures to facilitate site electrical infrastructure and the process plant are achieving the required targets. The Senior Electrical Supervisor will mentor the Electrical Supervisor to coordinate and motivate their team. Reporting regularly to superiors, he/she will plan, implement and provide oversight of preventative, correctional and electrical maintenance matters.
The incumbent will ensure proper repairs are carried out to plant and equipment as soon as is practical, largely through collaboration with the plant processing operations team and through fostering effective and positive working relationships.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate within standard operating procedures (SOP) and job safety analyses (JSA);
- Accountable for the integrity, reliability and operability of electrical equipment installations at the site;
- Address electrical non-conformance issues through effective use of departmental resources, elevating concerns as necessary;
- Install electrical equipment and devices according to applicable electrical codes and industry standards;
- Prepare and interpret electrical / instrumentation drawings, schematic diagrams and plans;
- Prepare accurate and concise reports and other documentation promptly, adhering to deadlines (i.e. work orders, condition reports etc.);
- Assist with daily and weekly planning, execution and control, including the scheduling and prioritizing of work assignments;
- Responsible for the successful execution of process plant shutdown activities and quality of work performed;
- Ensure the process plant is maintained in an excellent state of orderliness at all times, adhering to management standards;
- Ensure transactions of electrical spares and consumables are costed to the correct GL code / work order number;
- Conduct QA/QC inspections of the electrical activities during your shift, providing direction to team members accordingly;
- Conduct monthly scheduled safety meetings with electrical team members on a regular basis (i.e. no less than monthly);
- Liaise with process plant operations on a daily basis to ensure suitable resolution has been achieved with equipment performance or reliability issues;
- Ensure compliance with safe working practices and environmental and industry standards by process plant employees, contractors and visitors, cooperating with other departments regarding HSE compliance;
- Train, mentor and develop local employees;
- Provide effective care, maintenance and utilization of assets;
- Maintain constructive and effective working relationships with B2Gold employees, contractors, and consultants; and
- Other duties as set out by the Company.
Competencies and Requirements
- Minimum 7 years’ industry experience, at least 3 years within a gold processing plant at a supervisory or senior technical support role;
- Trade qualifications in electrical maintenance discipline;
- Red Seal trades certification considered an asset;
- High electro-mechanical aptitude with an advanced level of troubleshooting skills;
- Experience in delivery and oversight of workplace safety programs;
- Experience with CMMS and planning functions;
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to effectively supervise, prioritize and manage tasks with minimum supervision;
- Ability / willingness to work long shift durations including shift work;
- Understanding of industry standards and legislative requirements governing electrical systems in mining and quarrying operations; and
- Written and oral fluency in French while not essential would be considered an advantage.
B2Gold offers a competitive compensation package, including salary commensurate with experience, knowledge and skills, plus a comprehensive benefit package for employees and their dependents.
We thank all applicants for their interest in B2Gold Corp; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
B2Gold prioritizes local employment, supports empowerment initiatives and continuously works towards a people profile that matches the demographics of the respective national settings in which we operate, while appreciating our inclusive culture that attracts talent from around the world. As an equal opportunity employer, B2Gold values diversity and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply.